Emergency Dentist Near You
Dental emergencies are unexpected and stressful. However, they don’t always have to be stressful. We are happy to provide emergency dentistry near you. Our emergency dentist in Saskatoon and team are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to treat any dental emergency. If you’re experiencing an emergency, please contact us right away. We will schedule an appointment for you with our emergency dentist near you as earliest as possible.
What’s Considered a Dental Emergency?
Typically, the following scenarios are considered a dental emergency and require immediate treatment from an emergency dentist near you:
Cracked or chipped teeth: If you leave damaged teeth untreated, it exposes your teeth to bacteria causing infection and decay.
Severe toothaches: There are many causes of toothache, ranging from gum disease to tooth decay.
Missing filling or crown: Missing or broken fillings and crowns can damage your teeth if left untreated.
Infected tooth: It’s essential to treat the infection before it spreads to your gums and adjacent teeth.
Consistent bleeding: If your gums and teeth are bleeding every time you brush and floss, it can be an indication of gum disease.
Soft tissue injuries: If you have injured your lips, tongue, or cheek, our dentist will examine your mouth and treat you accordingly.
A missing tooth from an accident or injury: If you have lost a tooth, please visit us as soon as possible. The sooner you visit us, the more likely we will be able to save your tooth.
Trapped objects: If you are unable to remove a foreign object from your teeth, please contact us.
If you notice sudden changes or abnormalities in your mouth, please visit our emergency dentist in Saskatoon immediately. It is important to receive treatment as soon as possible to prevent more serious oral health issues from arising.
Treatment for Dental Emergencies
If you are looking for emergency dentist in Saskatoon, we offer emergency dentistry near you. Treatment will vary depending on the severity of your condition. The following are common treatments for dental emergencies:
Treatment for toothaches:
- Your dentist will perform a root canal if the cause of your toothache is severe tooth decay.
- Tooth extractions are required when tooth decay is severe, and no other method is viable.
Treatment for chipped or broken teeth:
- Fillings are used to treat minor chips or cracks in your teeth.
- Dental crowns are used to protect and support severely damaged teeth.
- Dental veneers are used to restore the appearance of broken or chipped teeth.
- Root canals are required when you break your tooth, and the nerves are exposed.
Treatment for trapped objects:
- If you are unable to remove the object yourself, our dentist will safely remove the trapped object.
Treatment for soft tissue injuries:
- Our dentist will examine your mouth and ask what caused the injury. Depending on your condition, you may receive antibiotics or stitches. Usually, soft tissue injuries will heal themselves.
Please do not delay seeing your emergency dentist in Saskatoon! When you have a dental emergency, it is important to seek treatment as soon as possible. We are happy to offer emergency dentistry in Saskatoon to treat patients when they need it most. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your oral health or would like to speak with our emergency dentist near you.